Friday, October 9, 2020

Lesson plan- Making Chinese Dumplings




7 comments:

  1. Looks interesting and fun, Megan! But chances are that your classmates won't have the kitchen and materials ready to actually try making these -- and many won't have play dough, etc. either. What will you do if that is the case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, Thanks for your comment. I did consider about this limitation, so I posted some pictures of the process and I will do the demonstration with the real materials. Also I attached the video as the resource for learning later when they have a chance to try. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a) 3 b) 3 c)3 d)3 e) 3 f)3.
    Great presentation Megan. I think it was very thought out and very professional. It got me very very hungry :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. a) 3 b)3 c) 2 d) 3 e) 3 f) 3

    Very well structured lesson, I like the idea of incorporating background history in the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy that I demonstrated use real material. I hope I can engage more with my classmate and be more confidence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan, thank you for teaching us about dumplings this afternoon!

    a) 3 b) 3 c) 2 d) 2 e) 3 f) 3

    Comments: Learning about some of the history and cultural significance of dumplings was a great 10 minute microteaching session. My suggestion for your teaching is to be mindful of the timing of your lesson. Having slightly less content and more time for class engagement would provide a better learning experience for us as your students. I will remember your tips for when I make or eat dumplings next and I hope to be able to remember how to pronounce 'jiaozi'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the thoughtful comments.It is definitely helpful for my future teaching.

    ReplyDelete

Revised Lesson Plan

 Here is the link to the revised lesson plan https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztKDkHeYVCyQSZBhLKJ5cQcCEnfCoEZ9/view?usp=sharing