I feel so lucky that I can take this course and get an opportunity to meet with a group of great candidate teachers. This course is definitely an eye-opener for me. Without this course, I would not learn that math could be embedded with music, dance, and arts. For instance, I had so much fun creating the Sierpinski triangle Christmas tree in the mathematical art project. I want to try to make earrings using this pattern during winter breaks and look forward to sharing these ideas with my future students.
Through this course, I have learned we can learn a lot from puzzles. I love solving all the puzzles in this course, spending hours figuring out the solution, and enjoyed hearing my peers explain all the different ways to solve the puzzles. Puzzles are a good way to motivating and inspiring students to learn math.
Through this course, I also practiced teaching mini-lessons online within a short time limit. This really helps to give me a sense when I am trying to make a lesson plan. I have to admit that it is challenging to teach and learn online. If this course teaching in person, I believe we will have more opportunities to interact and discuss with my peers.
Thank you for this thoughtful and very interesting reflection, Megan. Happy New Year to you and your family!
ReplyDelete