Saturday, November 28, 2020

Home work- Take TPI Test and Reflect on the Result


The result of my TPI test is showing above. The graph seems pretty flat. My dominant perspective is Apprenticeship, and my Recessive one is Social Reform. The second dominant is Transmission, and the second Recessive is Development. 

I am not so surprised that Apprenticeship is my dominant perspective. I think it is related to the years of manufacturing background and experience that form my teaching beliefs in practice and mathematics application. For the Recessive in social reform, I guess it related to my own education style in the past that does not empathize with social reform. I am surprised that my beliefs and actions are 3 scores higher than the intention in both my first and second recessive, which seems not very consistent.

The interesting question raised is how the results will be different because of teaching the different subjects. I probably will try this test again to teach other subjects, such as Chinese. I wonder how my dominant and recessive perspective will change after years of experience in real-world teaching.
 



1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I didn't know you had a background in manufacturing -- a place where apprenticeship is so important. Interesting results and reflections, and I do encourage you to try re-taking the test after the practicum and in relation to other subjects.

    ReplyDelete

Revised Lesson Plan

 Here is the link to the revised lesson plan https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztKDkHeYVCyQSZBhLKJ5cQcCEnfCoEZ9/view?usp=sharing