Sunday, October 18, 2020

Homework geometric/ numerical puzzle

 The number diametrically opposite to 7 is 22. The total number from 1to 30 is 30, and 16 is the first number for the rest half of the numbers. So I let 1 diametrically opposite to 16, then 2 opposite to 17, and so on, 7 will be diametrically opposite to 22.

When I try to solve this question, I was thinking of a clock. So my extension puzzle will be the number from 1 to 60 equally spaced points on the circumference of a circle are labeled in order. Which number will be diametrically opposite to 23?

To make the puzzle possible, you have to space total even numbers, which means every number can be paired. If one number can not be paired, then it means it has no number can be diametrically opposite, then this puzzle is invalid. It is impossible to create this puzzle with odd total numbers. For example, 1to 13 is impossible for this geometric puzzle. I am not so sure what makes the geometric puzzle. Maybe it was intended to use geometric shapes and principles to design and solve the puzzles.


1 comment:

Revised Lesson Plan

 Here is the link to the revised lesson plan https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztKDkHeYVCyQSZBhLKJ5cQcCEnfCoEZ9/view?usp=sharing